- Canadian Composer Award presented by the Canadian Band Association, 2013.
- Saskatchewan Order of Merit, Nov. 23, 2010.
- Living the Arts Award at the Mayor’s Arts and Business Awards, Regina, 2010.
- Best Classical Composition for Western Canadian Music Awards for the CD, how bodies leave ecstatic marks, 2008.
- Nominations for Best Classical Composition for the Western Canadian Music Awards in both 2011 and 2010.
- Commemorative Medal for the Centennial of Saskatchewan (2005)
- Honourary doctorate of Humane Letters from Mount Saint Vincent in Halifax, Nova Scotia, (2004).
- Three time winner of the Saskatchewan Film and Video Showcase Award for Best Musical Score for: Like Mother, Like Daughter, (1993) documentary on the composing and recording of the violin concerto written and performed by Raum’s daughter, Erika; Saskatchewan River, (1993) documentary on the Saskatchewan River; and Sparkle, (1998 ) feature length film.
- Commemorative Medal for the 125th Anniversary of the Confederation of Canada (1992)